In my February 15th blog post, I shared an introduction about four techniques to harness high vibration energy. I also promised to provide information about each one in upcoming posts. I introduced the grounding technique in my March 7th blog post. On March 22nd, we talked about some centering techniques. Today’s focus is shielding.
Shielding is the process of defining your personal space so that energy that’s not for your highest good won’t be able to invade your territory. As you come into contact with people from day-to-day, it’s possible to be susceptible to their energetic emotions such as anger, fear, shame, or depression. For this reason, it’s important to know the boundaries of your aura and be able to protect yourself. In order to do so, you must know the boundaries of your aura. Is your aura close to your body to serve as protection or open and expanded causing you to be open to other people’s energy? Practice these steps below
- Rub your hands together and extend them out to face one another.
- Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder’s width apart.
- Bring your hands together slowly, and at some point you will feel a resistance. This is the energetic field that makes up your aura.
- Rub your hands together again.
- Start at arm’s reach and move your hand inward, facing flat toward your body, until you detect that same feeling of resistance. You’ll probably feel the layer 1-3 inches out, and may feel layers about 8-12 inches out, or even 2-3 feet out.
Once you are aware of where its boundaries are, practice pulling it in and letting it out to see what is comfortable. You also want to try to keep it an even distance around you. Now that you can “feel” your aura, it’s time to protect it. We’ll use the color and light technique to do so. First, select which color option suits your intention. Close your eyes and take several deep breaths until you’re relaxed. Select one or more of the following visualizations.
- Imagine a blue light that emanates confidence and peace AND repels negative energy.
- Imagine a violet light that represents the highest spiritual vibration with the capacity to transform lower vibrations to higher ones.
- Imagine a white light that represents protection against crime and physical attack.
During your visualization, feel free to infuse it with Reiki or Joh Rei energy. Silently speak your intention to the light and continue to breathe deeply until you feel a peace and a breaking in the spirit ream. The practice of knowing the boundaries of your aura and protecting yourself are even more important to healers and those who come in contact with people in need of help. They have a tendency to unknowingly project their pain and because we’re healers, we sometimes take on a shamanic approach and take on the pain for the client. Sometimes we do this knowingly. Other times we do it unknowingly.
Some people like to use crystals for protection during these times. Here’s a list of crystals what you might useful.
- Amethyst: Protective against dark energy.
- Banded/Zebra Agate: Good for general protection and to prevent you from absorbing another’s negativity.
- Black Moonstone: Good for general protection.
- Black Obsidian: Good for basic defense.
- Blue Aventurine: Protective against energy vampires.
- Blue Tiger Eye: Protective against negative energy for healers.
- Brown Tiger Eye: helps protect against unwanted spirits.
- Brachiated Jasper: A shield that returns negative energy to the sender.
- Calcopyrite: It is generally protective against energetic attacks.
- Carnelian: Protective against energetic intrusion.
- Chiastolite: One of the best for all-round psychic protection.
- Citrine: Helps clear negativity caused by ghosts.
- Clear Quartz: it is protective against negative energy and will transmute it to positive energy.
- Garnet: Good for general protection.
- Green Moss Agate: It will protect your aura from negativity.
- Hematite: Good for grounding and general protection.
- Howlite (Natural): Protective against unwanted ghosts and phantoms.
- Kyanite: It is THE anti-negativity stone. It doesn’t just repel it, it destroys it.
- Lapis Lazuli: An all-round protective shield.
- Mookaite: It is protective against negativity. Mookaite should also be carried when dowsing.
- Red Jasper: A good psychic shield that returns negative energy to the sender.
- Red Tiger Eye: Protective against the evil eye.
- Rhodonite: It can be used to ward off negativity and psychic attacks.
- Rose Quartz: Another good stone to help with grounding.
Spend some time practicing these techniques and share your thoughts and experiences in the comment field below.
Peace and blessings.